Aim: To find the coordinates of a general point on x-axis and y- axis by an activity method.
Material Required: Graph Paper, Geometry box,Pencil ,Ruler
1) On a graph paper, draw coordinate axes and label the x-axis as X'OX and y-axis as YOY'.
2) Take 8 points on x-axis and write their coordinates.
3) Observe the coordinates and write the coordinate of any general point on x- axis.
4) Similarly take 8 points on the y-axis and repeat the procedure explained above.
5. Write the conclusion.
Pt. on x- axis
Pt. on y- axis
1) Any general point on x-axis is of the form (x, 0).
2) Any general point on y-axis is of the form (0, y).