1.The probability that it will rain tomorrow is 0.85. What is the probability that it will not rain tomorrow?
2.If x is the probability of an event then what will be the probability of its complement?
3.Why is tossing a coin considered to be fair way of deciding which team should choose ends in a game of cricket?
4.A coin is tossed twice .If the second throw results in tail, a dice is thrown .Describe sample space.
5.What is the probability of drawing a blue marble from a bag containing 3 red& 2 blue marbles?
6.What is the probability that a number selected from numbers 1, 2, 3, - - - -, 15 is a multiple of 5?
7.What is the probability that an ordinary year has 53 Sundays?
8.In a lottery, there are 10 prizes & 25 blanks. Find the probability of getting a prize?
9.A number is selected from numbers 1 to 27 .What will be the probability that it is prime?
10.It is known that a box of 600 electric bulbs contains 12 defective bulbs .One bulb is taken out at random from this box .What is the probability that it is a non –defective bulb?
11.The probability of guessing the correct answer to a certain test questions is x/12.If the probability of not guessing the correct answer to this question is 2/3 then what is the value of x?
12.A card is drawn at random from a well shuffled pack of 52 cards .Find the probability that the card drawn is a red queen?
13.A box contains 90 cards which are numbered from 1 to 90. If one card is drawn at random from box .Find the probability that it bears a number divisible by 5?
14.Three unbiased coins are tossed together. Find the probability of getting:
(a) All heads
(b) Two heads
(c) Atmost two heads
(d) Getting a head and tail alternately
15.In a single throw of two dice, find the probability that neither a doublet nor a total 9 will appear.
16. Find the probability of 53 Sundays in a leap year.
17. In a single throw of two dice, what is the probability of getting a total of 9 or 10?
18.Is falling of a fan an equally likely outcome? Give reason for your answer.
19.From a well shuffled pack of 52 cards, a card is drawn at random. What is the
probability that it is a jack of red suit?
20.A letter is chosen at random from the word "MATHEMATICS". What is the probability that it is a vowel?
21.Two dice are thrown simultaneously. What is the probability of getting an even doublet?
22. Two die are thrown simultaneously. What is the probability of getting an even prime number?
23. Cards marked with numbers 5 to 50 are placed in a box and mixed thoroughly. A card is drawn from the box at random. Find the probability that the number on the taken out card is:
a) a prime number less than 10
b) a number which is not a perfect square.
24. All cards of ace, jack and queen are removed from a deck of playing cards .One card is drawn at random from the remaining cards, find the probability that the card drawn is
a) A face card
b) A red queen