1.Write the condition that the pair of linear equations in two variables ax+by+c=0, lx+my+n=0 are inconsistent.
2. Given the linear equation 3y+2x-9=0, write another linear equation in two variables s.t the geometrical representation of the pair so formed is :
1) intersecting lines
2) parallel lines
3. Does the point(2,-2) lie on the line whose equation is 7x-y-8=0?
4. Write a linear equation in two variables which is consistent to equation 3(x-y)=2.
5. Find the co-ordinates of the point where the line 2x-3y=6 meets x-axis .
6. Find the co-ordinates of the point where the line 5x+10y=10 meets y-axis.
7. How many solutions of the equation 5x-2y+10=0 are possible?
8. Obtain a condition for the following system of equations to have a unique solution ax + by = c lx + my = n
9. The system of equations 3x – 5y = 20 and 6x – 10 y = 40 is _____________(consistent/inconsistent).
10. Find the value of ‘k’ for which the system of equations 3x+2y-4=0 and kx-y-3=0 will represent intersecting lines?